You are 19 months and change right now, and still super cute. It's been a while since I've posted, well, anything, really. But a while since I've posted about you specifically. So here's a "you" update:
You are currently up in your crib not sleeping, but instead saying "hot" followed by a whole bunch of jibberish that I am sure forms some sort of novel in your mind. With real words and the like. I wonder if everything is "hot" in your novel?
Daddy taught you how to say "star" this week. Officially your second word (we're still going with MaMa and DaDa not counting as real words). When I sing you "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" at bed time and wait for a second before the word "star" to see if you'll say it with me, you laugh and laugh and laugh. I am not sure why it's so funny, but you're cute so it's ok. At the park the other day you saw a flag and pointed and said "star." Well, ok. It's more like "saah." But still. Yes. Yes, the flag has a star. It has 50 "saah's", to be exact.
Last night we went to the volleyball picnic. Sans Daddy, who is in NY painting Nonna and Grandpa's house right now. You were a super star, with the exception of the screaming fit you had when I told you that you could not play with the ball. The ball that was currently being used on the court. For, you know, a VOLLEYBALL GAME.
At the volleyball picnic we had a hot dog for dinner. Or, as you like to call them "hot woof" or "hot" followed by patting your thigh in the "dog" sign.
You have learned how to sign "sleep" and will do so when it's time to go to bed. Or when you look out the window and don't see any horses. Then you sign "horse" and "sleep." Yes, that's right. The horses are in the barn. Sleeping.
You have discovered your shadow. It makes lunch time on a sunny day take FOREVER, as you watch your shadow race across the table, and then you try to catch it. And then you want Mama to make a bunny shape with her fingers, and have the bunny eat your food. And then the sun goes behind the clouds and you are very sad.
You have also learned how to sign "baby." So every small child you saw last night was a baby. Even if said small child was actually older than you. You also sign, ALL THE TIME, "baby" followed by "clock." For, of course, Baby Signing Time. Now that you know how to say what you want, you apparently want to watch Baby Signing Time every minute of every day.
You are quick to point out the flies flying through the kitchen. Although to you they are a "spider."
You are an excellent dancer. You run in place, shaking your head side to side, and you throw in the occasional spin for good measure. You love to play with the Barry White dog we have, that sings a song and dances. You dance right along with Barry. It's a fabulous diaper changing evasion tactic.
You spend most of every meal pointing to Mama's plate and shaking your head "no." That's right - Mama's plate is a no. Then you point to your plate and nod your head "yes." Which you just learned a few weeks ago and think is just hysterically funny. Yes, that's right. Dexter's plate is a yes. Same for Mama's drink. And the napkin holder. And any other bowl that might be on the table. It really slows down dinner and I kind of can't wait til you get bored of that game. In a couple years.
You also like to try to say the names of the foods on your plate. You really can only get the sound of the first letter, but that's good enough for you. You have an obsession with "tah" right now. Either you want to eat your toes (me, too) or you are really digging the potato bread I am using to make toast these days. You came in to the kitchen this morning in a flurry of "tah's." Apparently hungry...
Aunt Jeanne taught you how to pretend to go to sleep. And then you discovered the joy of pillows. So you LOVE to sit on the guest bed and rearrange the pillows. Then you pat the striped pillow for me - that one is apparently mine, and heaven forbid I try to lie on your blue pillows. So we lie on our pillows, and I pretend to snore, and you make some random growling kind of noise in your attempt to snore. And sign "sleep." Ah, if only that would work in real life.
I got about an hour of giggle out of you today in our awesome swimming pool when I hid my hands under the water, then popped them up and made a big splash. Funny every time. You are also learning how to jump in the pool, which I think is fabulous as I was kind of at a loss as to how to teach you to jump. That seems like it should be Daddy's job, I think.
Your very favorite thing to do right now is to climb the step stool next to the sink in the guest bathroom, grab your toothbrush and your toothpaste, and brush your teeth. This morning while I was doing dishes you went upstairs all by yourself and I found you brushing your teeth. Your daddy wondered if we should let you do that. I'm all for it, kiddo. If brushing your teeth is your fave thing to do, I think that's a pretty good thing.
You are cute, little one. You are also STILL AWAKE up in that crib. How about you think about going to sleep now, eh? We've got lots of playing to do tomorrow - you'll need to be well rested.
Love you lots,
Mama






1 comment:
is he eating sand?!?! yum dex!
Post a Comment