We had absolutely nothing going on today, and I don't do so well with nothing going on. So we needed an excursion. I chose Longwood. Which, in retrospect, was probably not a good idea. Because it was BLAZING HOT. And inside the greenhouse? Not exactly cooler. Dex was ok - he was splashing in water. I was... HOT.
But we had a good time for a couple hours, doing all kinds of stuff. We fed fish:
Yeah, ok. This isn't a picture of Dex feeding fish. I couldn't really do that, as I spent the whole time with an arm around him so he wouldn't dive in to the pond... But, it IS a really cool, huge frog that we saw at the pond.
We watched people feed some really ugly fish:
Really, REALLY ugly fish.
Dex was not so psyched about watching the ugly fish because he wanted to watch more of THIS:
Water, Mom. I see some water.
The object of Dexter's desire:
Italian Fountain Garden. Dex could have stayed here for HOURS watching the water appear, then disappear, then reappear, then disappear. Fascinating stuff.
We also hugged some trees and some dragons. That's right. Dragons.
I'm amazed at the difference in size between tiny Dexter and the HUGE Tulip Poplar.
See? Dragons. Dragons rule.
Then, of course, it was off to the Children's Garden to play in some water for a while. There were a bajillion kids there today. Apparently it was "let's take a field trip" day at Longwood Gardens.
Highly entertained by the traveling water fountain
Finally, here's a little video for you. Listen carefully to hear Dex talking...
Longwood Gardens July 21 2010 from Alissa Norman on Vimeo.
Watching fountains on a hot day at Longwood
PS - Right! Video! Haven't posted video in forever because I haven't had sound on my laptop. But now! Now! I have sound. Yay! Because John is awesome and fixed my computer while I was away at the beach. All it needed was a nice new hard drive. Thanks, honey!









No comments:
Post a Comment