(Dex just learned to climb on things a couple weeks ago. Greeeaaaaattt...)
But Friday July 16 John said he was waiting for the hot dogs to cool off before giving some to Dexter, and kept telling Dex it was "hot." And Dex picked right up on that, and now runs around saying"HOT" to everything. In the car seat? Random "hots" just come out of his mouth. On the changing table? HOT. In the kitchen? HOT. Looking down the air conditioner to see if it's turned on? HOT. Sitting on the driveway playing with tennis balls? HOT. Hella cute.
Every time I think he can't get any cuter, he does it again.
Lots of letter sounds have gotten better, too, in the past couple weeks. Dex will look at the "D" hanging on his door, point and say "DA." In the bath tub he has a foam letter B and J, and will say "BA" and tries to say JAH (but it comes out as DA). He likes to make the noise for the letter X. And he has awesome letter S sounds.
I think I can, I think I can...
Dex is still learning new signs every day. He recently picked up a sign for "clock" and just Friday started doing the "drink" sign like it's supposed to be done, instead of just randomly waving his arm around. Cool. He also thoroughly enjoys sitting in his high chair doing the hand motions for the Itsy Bitsy Spider song. It takes me a while to pick up on that one. What do you want? A ball? A banana? Oh! Got it! Itsy Bitsy Spider.
Dex signing "socks."
And "shoes."
John just told me the best story of his adventures with Dexter this morning. Dex loves John's long-sleeve Syracuse shirt. He pulls it out the drawer almost daily. I've been showing him the big letter S on the back this week when he pulls it out. So today John said Dex pulled the shirt out of his drawer, turned it over and over looking for the S, found it, and said "SSSSSSSS." Priceless.
And where was I this weekend, you ask? At the Beach! With ADULTS! So awesome. A girl friend celebrated her 40th birthday (which, really, blows my mind to think that I have friends that old) with a girls weekend in Dewey Beach. I haven't been there in four years or so. It's amazing how the place stays the same - same bands play at the same bars on the same nights. John asked me what we were going to do for the weekend. Where would we go? I told him I had no idea - I'd never been to the beach with girls before. Only with him and his guy friends, who have a Dewey routine set in stone. Go to the Starboard on a Friday night? Unheard of! Skip Jam Session and go to Northbeach for dinner? Blasphemy! Go to the Starboard for Sunday morning breakfast and NOT get a blood mary? What's WRONG with you people!! It was, however, a fabulous weekend away. And it sounds like Dexter and John had a great, HOT weekend.
2 comments:
Hey I am one of those OLDER friends...and much older if I do say so myself...still enjoy reading these great blogs...and seeing your Dex grow...
That's okay, hon, you don't have to admit it. I'll always remember the first time he said "Da-Da", sitting on my lap and grinning, all proud of himself. All of the times after that were just gravy. Besides, I've got witnesses
Post a Comment