Sunday, July 25, 2010

Swing

Aunt Christy and Steven came to visit for the weekend, to babysit for us on Saturday night while we went to Longwood Gardens to celebrate Mother's Day. Late, I know, but John gave me a certificate for a symphony or a concert, and I chose fountains and fireworks at Longwood, with some Gershwin music thrown in for good measure. It was AWESOME. I don't even like fireworks much - I don't like the loudness - but these were great. Directly over our heads, set off like 100 yards away, 40 minutes long, fountains with lights changing colors depending on the music. Very very cool.

So, Aunt Christy and Steven had fun with the small child for the evening while we relaxed. Really, they deserved some relaxation as well, as we enlisted Steven's help in going to pick up a swing set for Dex (found on Craigslist. Seriously - what would I do without Craigslist?). And then, on the hottest afternoon of the summer, we decided it'd be fun to actually put UP the swing set. Which, on our un-level ground, involved some serious digging. And sweating. And sunburn. And more sweating. John made mud on his arms, from the mixture of dirt and sweat.

And then this morning, which wasn't a whole lot less hot that yesterday, Steven and John finished up the swing set while Dex climbed on it - he was too impatient to wait for it to be done. He wanted to climb that ladder NOW!

So, Christy and Steven, we owe ya one. Next time you want a swing set installed in your condo in New York, just give us a shout...
Swing set retrieval is way easier when you can borrow a trailer

Gotta do a little digging. Everyone pitches in.

Christy, Master Leveler

John wants to know why so many of the pictures I have are of his butt. Just getting your best side, babe. ;-)

Doesn't that shovel seem a little on the small side?

Seriously, hon, Why you gotta steal Dexter's shovel?

The fort has been moved in to the trenches. What do we think? Does it fit? Is it level?

Ladder installation

A new day, a new hole to be dug, more checking for level to be done

The finished product

With monkey bars, for some excellent falling and breaking of leg opportunities

Also includes a fun steering wheel - likely Dexter's favorite part of the swing set in the foreseeable future.

Heading toward the completed swing set for the first time. After a huge rain storm. We couldn't wait til it was dry.

SWING!

Will need some help getting up the ladder for a while but I think he'll catch on quick

Hooray steering wheel!

No comments: