Monday, January 11, 2010

Picture Time!

I know, I know. You must think it's picture time ALL the time in our house. I actually haven't had the camera out in a few days, though. I've been slacking.

Anyway - what I really meant is that it was picture time over the holidays, and I didn't take the pictures. We had both families down to visit for Christmas (at different times - our house might have burst apart if we tried to fit that many people at once) so we went to two different portrait studios and had two different sets of portraits taken. Which place do you like better?

The Norman Family went to the Picture People at the White Marsh Mall. It was crowded and busy, but the people were nice, and they gave us oodles of free prints because they messed up our order. PLUS - White Marsh Mall has way better shopping!
The whole Norman fam. Baby not smiling worth a damn, but instead giving the photographer the "what the hell are you doing, lady?" look.

Our little Norman family. After baby meltdown. If you click on the picture to blow it up you'll notice the nice rivulets of snot under his nose.

Cute original Norman family

Nonna and Grandpa, who celebrated 50 years of marriage in 2009.

There was no use even trying to get individual shots of Dexter this day. He would have none of it. Meltdown imminent if he left Mom's arms for a split second. He was, however, an angel at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch. AFTER pictures were done.

The Cowan family went to Portrait Innovations at Harford Mall. Bigger, less crowded. Changing backgrounds, same person who took the pictures stayed with us for an hour while we picked pictures to print. Baby kept his shit together MUCH better this day, and we had a few tricks up our sleeves to get him to smile a little bit. This place was more expensive, but gets brownie points for giving us a free CD of all our images. Which really is all I need, anyway, as John has put a ban on any further picture frames in our house. So I have to go digital.

Also, bonus! Portrait Innovations is right next to Five Guys! OF COURSE we had to go there for lunch!

The extended Cowan family, with a white background.

And on a blue background.

Our little Norman family. And look! No snot under Dex's nose! He MAY even have a touch of a smile. What was Aunt Jeanne doing back behind the photographer to make him smile?

Grandma and Grandpa, who celebrated 40 years of marriage in 2008.

The original Cowan family. I'm the cute one. Also, the short one.

Sisters. Sideways. Sorry. Flip your laptop around if you want a better look.

Aunt Jeanne gives Dex a pep talk - NO CRYING! LOOK CUTE!

We changed our clothes, got Hokie'd up, and took a few more pictures. Ummm. The baby looks a bit drugged up and spacey. I think he was probably looking at the HUGE bear Grandpa had and just thinking "Whoa. What the hell." But, hey - John and I are cute.

How ridiculously cute is THIS?

Cutest. Child. Ever. How'd we get a smile? Dad had to do a nice smoker's cough, multiple times, behind the photographer. Apparently imminent death is hysterical.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I laughed out loud at the "I'm the short one" comment....

Great photos!

Jeanne Campbell said...

We're all cute - but I'm still the cutest! (well, except for Dex)