Friday, January 8, 2010

I R Smart

It's been cold here the past few weeks, and every time I go walking with the baby I feel bad because part of his legs stick out, at the bottom of his snow suit. It's limited me to the stroller for walks, so I can wrap a blanket around him. But I don't like walking with the stroller as well as with the backpack. And the other day the stroller and my car were at the garage getting fixed, so I HAD to use the backpack. I did my best bundling, but still some cute little baby legs were poking out. What I really needed, I decided, were some leg warmers for the baby. A friend had found some for her baby at Target - girl's leg warmers, but still. I could handle that.

I didn't go to Target, though. Far too fancy, and they don't have groceries. So I checked out Wal-Mart. Of course. I wandered through all three rows of baby crap. Socks. Tights. Bibs. Sippy cups. But no leg warmers. Dejected, I went to the other end of the store for Wal-Mart brand butt paste (which, really, you'd think you could pick up in the BABY section. But NO. You have to go way the hell over to the Health and Beauty section). As I was walking I pondered my dilemma. If only I had longer socks for him. Like baby tube socks or something. I'd at least feel better about his little legs being less exposed.

And then... EUREKA! I remembered! I OWN SOCKS! Like nice, thick Smartwool socks. Surely MY socks would cover up his exposed areas of leg? And also go over his shoe, thus keeping his feet warmer? AND - bonus! - they would be FREE! Because they are currently sitting in my sock drawer! Amazing!

Seriously. It took me three weeks of walking with the baby in the cold, and a walk across Wal-Mart thinking about leg warmers, to come up with this idea, folks. Oy. I have issues. I may need a new brain.
Huh? What are these things on my legs?

They are warm. They are on my legs. I will name them... LEG WARMERS!

See? They do the trick quite nicely. No exposed leg under the snow suit. Also, slightly displeased dog who would like the baby to let go of the end of her leash, thankyouverymuch.

In other news:

HEADLINES

Both Parents Sick. Barely Functioning.

Baby Going on Hunger Strike. Cutting Two Teeth.

One Inch Blanket of Snow Hits Maryland, Cripples Commuters and Delays Schools.

BREAKING NEWS: Baby Also Sick. Inability to Breathe Through Nose Leads to Nursing Rebellion.

Yeah. It's been a good day. I have a feeling it's going to be a long night. Good thing Dex is cute.

No comments: