I do believe that, as the parent of an official one-year-old, you are obligated to post photos of your kid's first birthday cake eating experience. It's in the rules of parenting. Rule number 427: Thou shalt post photos of birthday cake eating, thereby embarrassing your child forever more. Or something like that.
I'm not positive Dex was impressed with his cupcake. You decide.

The look after his first bite of cake. Kind of a "are you serious? I'm supposed to eat this?" look.

My boy is a gamer, though. He goes back in for more.

If at first you aren't sure, just cram in more cake...

Hmmmmm. Maybe it's ok?

Nope. No, I take it back. It's still not really ok.

Third time's a charm, right?

Ummm. No. I think we have our verdict. Dex is not a fan of chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. Sorry buddy. More for me!

Much happier eating a green teething ring. Much tastier for his one-year-old taste buds and his two new one-year-old molars.
I also believe as the parent of an official one-year-old I am obligated to write a post about how cute and huge and ONE Dex is, and how I can't believe it, and how much I've loved the past year and... Can I just take a nap first? We had a busy weekend, and it's time to go to bed. I'll get back to you with that obligatory "my kid is SOOOOO OOOOOLD" post in a few days, kay?
4 comments:
Maybe if you had sang the "dad is great, give us the chocolate cake" song he'd have liked it better?
Mmmm, perhaps. Except MOM made the chocolate cake, so the Dad is great song wouldn't quite work.
Maybe if 4 grandparents and two parents didn't all have cameras aimed at the small child, that would have helped?
I'm just glad I got the singing of "Happy Birthday" on tape. Could someone please pick a tempo?
no John - picking a tempo would ruin the entire birthday song experience!
Post a Comment