Tuesday, November 17, 2015

When I Grow Up

When I grow up, Erin says, I want to be a pirate.  Pirates say ARGH and they steal stuff, and that's what I want to do.

She's got lofty goals, this girl.

Today was picture day at Erin's school.  I told her last night she could pick her FAVORITE FAVORITE shirt to wear for picture day.  I was thinking it would be something kind of random - Thomas the Train, or maybe her ketchup shirt.  I want to wear a Halloween shirt, she says.  Ohhhhhh kay?  So she picked a glow-in-the-dark Halloween shirt with monsters and goblins on it.  Good luck with that one, Mr. Picture Man.  And sorry, class picture, if we ruined the photo for you.  But, hey - this is her day of pictures, not mine.  Dex got to pick his favorite shirt for picture day, too, a couple months ago - he picked a tee shirt with the universe on it.  Awesome.

Erin has been intent on making pie.  Pie, pie, all the pie.  To date she has assisted in the creation of three apple pies and one AMAZING TREMENDOUS SO VERY GOOD pumpkin pie.  Here's the recipe.  I recommend using a graham cracker crust.  Oh.  Em.  Gee.  After nap today she is helping me make pumpkin cookies.  She's a good helper.  She mostly helps at licking the beaters and eating the apple peels.

Never-before-heard praise of the dog, by John Norman this morning:  It warms my heart to see the dog lying in front of Erin's door, because he heard her coughing last night.  That dog.  He's awfully annoying, but he does love his kids.

Finally, the reason we're really not in any hurry to move her to a big girl bed.  This is how she slept for a good year (somehow, on Sunday, John got her to move her pillow and she is sleeping long-ways now.  It was a miracle, and I don't know how he did it.  I need to be gone all day more often).


No comments: