Thursday, September 3, 2015

Ms. Fashion


Dear Grandma,

Erin would like for you to know that her Dansko shoes fit.  She's very excited!  Now, mind you, she cannot really WALK in her fancy Danskos - they are stiff, and kind of tall, and she wobbles around in them like I do any time I have to go to a wedding and am forced to wear heels.  But she loves them, and wore them to CVS this morning.  I personally think they look great with her VT football jersey and her orange shorts.

Also, apparently there's a big VT/Ohio State football game happening this Monday night?  So I have heard, on the FaceBooks.

In other news, Dexter has had a good first week of first grade.  His teacher emailed to say he's been doing well.  His BSC said she really likes his teacher and thinks it's a good fit.  We have heard lots about recess, and lunch.  And that's kind of it.  But those are the two pieces of the day I thought might go poorly, so I am happy to hear that he enjoys them.

Erin and I spent the day packing for the beach (we leave tomorrow) and doing laundry (Erin loves helping me put clothes away.  My and John's clothes drawers are currently a disaster, and I am totally blaming the two-year-old).  Erin was delighted.  "We've been playing together ALL DAY, Mama!" she says.  Yes, cutie.  Yes, I am well aware.  We need to get out more.

John and I just finished eating some ice cream.  We didn't get much dinner tonight.  Because apparently a pound of steamed shrimp and a pound of rare ribeye steak feeds two children pretty well, but doesn't leave much left over for the adults.  Fortunately we had a few billion cherry tomatoes to eat (SO DONE with these tomato plants.  They have now eaten the entire garden, and are climbing up the pool, and may soon make it over to the neighbor's grass, too).

Here's wishing you a lovely holiday weekend!

(PS - picture of the kids with their goggles was from last weekend, when John was installing a hitch on the car.  That hitch is currently holding a bike rack, and two bikes will be heading to the beach tomorrow.  Hmmm.  Maybe three bikes.  We'll toss Erin's Strider in, too.)


No comments: