Wednesday, May 6, 2015
Tag Carrot
Erin: Mama, this is my dinosaur. He is a ceratops. He only eats pants.
Me: He eats pants?
Erin: No, mama. Not pants. PANTS.
Me: Ahhh. Right.
(Note - PLANTS. She means plants.)
While talking to Grandpa the other day, Erin was telling him about how Dexter and Aunt Christy were playing Tag Carrot. I had no idea what Tag Carrot was. And then it hit me. "You mean Tag, you're it?" Yes. Yes, that was it. Tag Carrot. Erin was just playing a rousing game of Tag Carrot with the dog the other day. I think he was just as confused as I was.
Dexter read a Magic School Bus book about all the different rocks inside the earth. And since then he's been trying to identify all the various rocks in our yard. The white ones under the deck are limestone. He has named a few. Limey. Limer. I do believe there's one named Slater. So I was in the candy store the other day, looking for some chocolate to send in to school for Dexter's teacher for Teacher Appreciation week. And I found some chocolate rocks. I bought two bags - one for her and one for us. We had them for snack this afternoon. They were a huge hit. Now if only I could find chocolate rocket ships, or gummy planets.
Finally, a joke from Dexter: Where does a sheep get his hair cut? At the baa-baa shop!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment