A few weeks ago Erin and I went to Longwood, hoping maybe some daffodils would be blooming or something. Nope. Nothing. Nada. Zero flowers. This was the best we could find - little purple flowers in the grass. Which was fine. I didn't mind if Erin picked them. And she had fun feeding the fish, so all was well.
 |
| Little tiny purple flowers |
 |
| Dancing on the glass leaf, for Aunt Jeanne |
 |
| Aunt Jeanne and Dex doing some leaf dancing way back in 2010 |
The weather has been perfectly perfect this weekend, so we went to the airport yesterday for pancake breakfast, and then today made a trip up to Longwood with the whole family to see if there would still be some tulips. The answer was yes. Yes, tulips. And no, we were not even close to the only people who had the exact same idea we had.
 |
| Pretty tulips, cute kids |
 |
| Perhaps even cuter kids. If you can get them to be a little silly, they have good smiles. |
 |
| Or sometimes, if you get them to be a little silly, they just have silly smiles. |
 |
| Walking on the "balance beam" is a sure-fire way to keep both kids happy and get a decent picture or two. |
 |
| Stopped at the tree house to hug a dragon |
 |
| Dex sitting on Aunt Jeanne's tree stump. John thought I was crazy... |
 |
| And I may well be crazy. But it is, in fact, Aunt Jeanne's tree stump. From way back in 2006. |
 |
| Erin tried out Aunt Jeanne's tree stump as well. It all started out fine... |
 |
| But it was all downhill from there. Boom! Tears. |
 |
| Next stop? Aunt Jeanne's lion. No really. |
 |
| Aunt Jeanne's lion, circa 2006. |
 |
| Next stop was the Children's Garden, where the boys were bees. |
 |
| We ran in to our friend Alex and had a lovely time getting him as wet as we possibly could. |
 |
| Erin preferred being a butterfly to being a bee. |
 |
| Finally, I was DELIGHTED that my favorite tulip garden was actually open. Smaller, but open. Last fall this whole area was closed off for the fountain renovation. I was glad they opened up a portion of it for the tulips. |
 |
| This tulip smells like strawberries |
 |
| And I think this one smelled like melon |
Perfect way to spend a Sunday morning, followed by lunch at Beep Beep all Done French Fries. Dexter, it must be said, was VERY flexible in allowing Erin to choose there for lunch. He really wanted to go to Applebees. I think the promise of a milk shake won him over.
No comments:
Post a Comment