Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Birthday Weekend

This has been the weekend of birthday.  Saturday Dex and I went to Cherry Crest Adventure Farm in Strasburg for a birthday party for our friend Eva.  It was HOT and dirty and HOT and fun and also HOT.  And I didn't even do anything, beyond carry Dex across the train tracks because he was terrified the train was going to hit him.  Or something.  We got home from the party with just enough time to shower and go to Mr Adam's house for Alex's first birthday party.  Fortunately I didn't need to do anything there beyond lie on the floor and play with Erin, because I was too tired to do anything else.

Dex got to hold a chick.  These poor chicks, man.  They suffered through a whole lot of kid molestation.

Tractor and little wagon ride through the corn

Slide, which he went down totally on his own.  I didn't even walk up the hill to stand in line with him.

Dirty hot kid measuring himself after climbing out of the grain barn (a little house filled with corn like a sand box)

We spent plenty of time doing this - jumping on the Air Pillow.  But it was hot and it made him tired.

We did get to watch the train go by.  I mean, RIGHT by.

So today we did nothing, because I was exhausted from Saturday, and because Nonna and Grandpa are here to celebrate Erin's birthday a little bit early.  So I made some lunch and some cupcakes, and that's about all we did all day.  It was plenty.

Dex helped me with frosting.  It was hard to tell which he frosted and which I did, because he did a pretty good job.  And also because I suck at frosting things.

Cupcakes and a little cake because I only own one cupcake tin.  The frosting was pink and purple.  And Dex made me decorate the cake with a star.  I'm so crafty...

Made Erin's favorite lunch of mac and cheese before we had cake.

That's not even a very impressive mac and cheese face.  I must not have used enough cheese...

Singing to the birthday girl

Dex did the honors and blew out the candle

First bite

Telling Daddy all about her cake


Dex picked a purple cupcake

Cute cake face

Giggles here was on a bit of a sugar high

I am all done, Mama

No comments: