Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stars and Haircuts

I was going to take the kids to Lancaster today to go to the Hands on House.  But Dexter's favorite part is the playground outside.  And it was raining this morning.  Again.  Some more.  Our lawn is a jungle and I don't think there's a chance it's going to get mowed til tomorrow, maybe.

So we stayed home instead.  Dex and I decorated the house for America's birthday, and then we went to the barber shop, and then we went to my favorite little Mexican restaurant for lunch, where Erin cheerfully threw rice and tortilla all over the floor.

Both kids are wearing the star shirts Grandma got for them, so I thought I'd take a few pictures.  So, below are photos Dex took of our America's Birthday decorations, and the photos I took of the kids.

Stars hanging from the stair railings.  I forgot to upload the picture of the stars out on the front porch.

Little flags outside

And our big flag outside

Erin shows off her star shirt AND her very first hair cut.

She was really pretty good, considering how long we waited for her and Dex to get their hair cut.  She only cried at the very end.


Dex provides some celebratory music with his harmonica.



Star shirts and haircuts for both

Erin, shocked that Dex got so close to her, ON PURPOSE.

Happy Birthday, America!


Aaaaaaand we're done!

No comments: