This guy, who, just in one day, got Dexter out of bed and fed him breakfast, got the baby out of bed and changed her diaper, watched the parade with Dexter, blew leaves in to piles, cooked a turkey, made cranberry sauce, carved a turkey, and used his magic super powers to put the crying baby down for multiple naps. Oh, and also put Dexter to bed, and put the garbage out, and is currently Christmas shopping online. I love you, babe. Thank you for making life so much better and easier for me.
These kiddos, who make life a million times more challenging and a billion times more fulfilling than I ever imagined.
Dexter, who makes me laugh so many times a day. The other day he came home from school with a picture that said "Draw what you are thankful for." I asked Dexter what his picture was about. He said "First I said I was thankful for Erin. And then I said I was thankful for ME." Ah, that's my boy. Melt my heart, and then kill me with laughter. Today when we were watching the parade we were talking again about who we were thankful for. He said "I am thankful for me....... And I am thankful for the people on TV."
Erin, who makes me slow down and just think seven or eight times a day while I am feeding her. Who makes me remember that a fan can be a pretty entertaining thing. Who also makes me thankful for Oxy-Clean, because, man, can she explode some poop out of some diapers.
Also, I checked about seven times today to see if her pants were on backwards. No, the tag was in the back. But what gives with those two random pockets on the front of her pants??
This silly dog. As I was taking pictures today John said "Really? You're thankful for the stupid DOG?" Well, yes. He's annoying, but he's so good to the kids. And also at cleaning food off the floor. And he's definitely better than having no dog at all.
Sunshine, warm weather, leaves, and footballs. And also ear muffs. All of which allowed us to spend a couple hours outside today, playing in the front yard.
VIDEO
Dexter's ability to, kind of sort of, get himself dressed in the morning. It's infuriating and entertaining all at the same time.
Apple pie. Partially because this pie I made is damn good this time. But mostly because it's really pretty fun to make an apple pie with Dexter. He's a kick-ass apple eater.
School. They send home random stuff like this. But they really are doing fantastic things with Dexter's little mind. And holy hell, thank the lord they do crafts. Because I really really don't.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. It occupied its fair share of our afternoon (we recorded it for easier viewing).
The boys watching the parade this morning.
Bailey's. And also, coffee. Nuff said.
Thanksgiving Dinner. And also leftovers for the next week or so.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!


No comments:
Post a Comment