Saturday, September 8, 2012

Rainy Saturday

I just spent a rainy Saturday afternoon napping, watching football, and sitting on the front porch watching the boys.  Life is good.

Dex just spent a rainy Saturday afternoon napping, watching football, playing an annoying monkey game on his IPad, and romping around the front porch splashing in puddles.  Life is good.

John just spent a rainy Saturday afternoon tuning up the lawn mower, cleaning out the gutters so the rain could actually go down the downspout, getting pizza, and sitting on the front porch.  Life is probably not quite as good for him, poor boy.

I think today was our last day of hot, and we've been promised a nice cool week with temps in the 50's at night.  I shall have the windows open and enjoy actually needing a sheet.  John shall be wearing flannel PJ's and will have every cover we own on his side of the bed.  Babies make me hot.

Lemme see if I have any pictures for you.  I think I can rustle up a couple from the last few weeks.

This is from ages ago, at Port Discovery in Baltimore.  It took YEARS off my life and we shall not be going back until Dex is at least 7.  Holy hell.  Huge climbing structure in the middle, three stories high.  When you're 8 months pregnant and can't climb through there with your kid, and you just trust him to go and not get lost or die...  Nerve wracking.  I can't go back any time soon.  I am traumatized.  Dex, however, thought it was fantastic.  Save for the flashy lights at the entrance, which he was terrified of.

Trike riding in the garage.  Usually when we are coming home from any trip I ask if I should leave the car out of the garage so Dex can ride his bike.  Usually he says yes.

Plasma car riding

Bike riding cuteness

Second day of beach mini-vacation.  Riding the bike around the 'hood.

Spent the morning at the beach

The waves were much bigger this day.  And John said when he took Dex back on Sunday morning the waves were huge.


Still so proud of this child for being so brave this year at the beach.



Trying desperately not to smile

Proof that Mama was actually at the beach

No comments: