The ultrasound tech checked twice. Girl, she says. See those three lines? That's labia. Girl. See that whole lack of penis? Girl. The doctor came in to look at things, and he couldn't say for certain but his best guess was girl. Can you check again? Girl. Can we come back for another ultrasound to be sure?
Everything else with this little girl looks lovely. No indication of any problems. Organs working well. Two arms. Two legs. Fingers. Toes. In the ultrasound shot we have she's got her little fists balled up in front of her face, ready to punch her big brother if he dare take her toys. Maybe she'll be a tom boy. One can only hope.
When the ultrasound tech left and we were waiting for the doctor John looked at me and said "Now I have to buy a shot gun." Because, you know, if you have a boy you only have to worry about one penis. If you have a girl, you have to worry about ALL the penises. We need Grandpa Cowan to stick around for another 20 years or so to scare off all the bad boys. He's much more intimidating than John is.
Speaking of Grandpa Cowan, he has decided that this baby shall be named Roxanne. Dexter was Rocky while in the womb. This one is Roxanne. Damn. There goes a perfectly good name, off the potential name list. Other perfectly good names to be taken off the list because of animal naming reasons - Tess (I really like that one, too), Katie, CoCo (unlikely anyway, I suppose), and Twink (also unlikely). Oh. And Kitty. We can't call her Kitty. Or Tippie. Or Tipper. Or Tee-Tah.
So, yeah - now we have to look at girl names, too. Girl names are hard. Hey - speaking of girl names - I just saw the 2011 most popular names according to the Social Security Admin. Guess what made the list? Alyssa. I mean, spelled wrong, because my way is the only way to spell that name. But I was shocked it was in the top 50 girl names.
I think I'll be done rambling now. I have oodles of pictures to share with you, but I have to edit them first. I'll see what I can do tonight. Or I'll go eat some rhubarb pie and call it a night. John's most recent go-round with rhubarb pie was FANTASTIC.
| Mother's Day 2012 |
No comments:
Post a Comment