Thursday, November 10, 2011

Naming Cars


The other day we pulled out a book from the movie CARS, complete with some tiny cars and a big "new rug" as Dexter calls it - ie, just a big-ass poster with pictures of roads and buildings.  I think it's supposed to be the town in the movie, but you know me and movies - I don't really watch them nor do I remember anything about them.  ALTHOUGH last night John and I were talking about Joepa getting fired from Penn State and I likened it to "The 'You can't handle the truth' movie with Jack Nickelson.  You know, the one with Tom Cruise in it."  John looked at me like I was crazy for a minute, then finally caught on to whatever that movie's name is.  So, hey, I don't always remember movie names, but sometimes I can remember stories.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with naming cars.  Sorry.  I digress.

So Dexter was all excited about these cars and the new rug and we pulled them all out and started playing and Dexter asked "What is that car's name?"  Well, dude.  I don't have the slightest idea.  I maybe, MAYBE, could pull the name Mater out of my ass.  But nothing else.  I've got nothing from this movie, even though I have seen it at least twice.

So I put it back on him.  "I dunno, Dex.  What do you want to call that car?"

And he told me the names of all of them.  Which I later repeated to John, while trying not to pee my pants.  Below is my version, not Dexter's.  Dex just named them as he told me where he was putting them on the new rug.

--------------

This one?  This is Green Car-y

This one is Yellow Car-y

This one?  Fire Car-y

Here's Red Car-y

And here's Blue Car-y

Here's Bussy

And here's Another Blue Car-y

This one is Jeep-y

This one?  (Hold on while I laugh until I cry for a little while).  This is......  This is...  TOW TRUCK-Y

And this one is Another Blue Car-y

--------------

And there you have it.  Come play with us.  We're fun.


1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

Don't worry Dex - there will always be a room for you to stay in at my house once you realize the cars have real names :) (just don't ask me to know what the names are either)