This self-imposed sedentary lifestyle for today (who am I kidding - it's like this every day) has resulted in me FINALLY posting pictures from the few days that Dex and I spent in Massena in August. Here's the link.
Dexter and I went to Longwood on Wednesday for the first time in, I dunno, more than a month? I think we went in July with some friends of ours, but I am pretty sure we didn't go at all in August. Which is kind of a miracle for us. We always seem to go at least once a month. The model train tracks were up, and Thomas AND Percy were chugging around, along with some other cool trains. We stayed there for an hour and a half and Dex could have stayed longer but I was about ready to stab my eyes out from the boredom, so I finally dragged him away to go splash in some fountains and get really wet. The pumpkin display wasn't up yet, so we'll have to go back another nice crisp fall morning to take some pumpkin pictures. I ought to make him go in his Halloween costume, just to torture the poor boy. :-)
Hey Longwood. We're obviously delighted to be here...
Yay! Look who's here!
And Percy, too. Goddamn terrible train show overload. Gaaaahh! Notice small child in the background, intently staring down every single train that goes by.
And there were lots of them. Four in this picture, alone.
Plus cool water features, bridges, tunnels, flowers, peppers (??? random, but pretty)
Yeah, yeah. Here comes Thomas again. But there's SO MANY MORE trains over there.
Oh, yeah. And also cute girls to flirt with.
What was your favorite train? The blue one.
We looked at trains for a hour and a half. AN HOUR AND A HALF. I like trains and all, but not a goddamn hour and a half of them.
Finally dragged him away to go do some of this. Getting wet trumps watching trains any day, I think.
With Mama in the butterfly chair. The glasses are not a permanent addition. Simply a "Holy hell, I can't see a damn thing, too much pollen under my contacts" two day change. I kind of like them, really. John said I looked very "studious."
We eventually wandered inside to the Childrens Garden. Yeah, we still like doing this. See fountain chasing in action, below.
And then Dex discovered what may well be a new love. It started as a "Hey, check out this cool waterfall/shower thingie"
And then got a little braver
And finally turned in to this. I totally love the fact that we influenced this other cute small child, and I hope his parents had a change of clothes...
One change of clothes and fountain show later, and we went home happy. Thanks, Longwood!


No comments:
Post a Comment