I'll have to remember Dexter coming downstairs on Saturday morning, looking around, and declaring, before taking off at a dead run, that "we still have all new floors."
I'll have to remember our family melody of "The Fan is ON" sung to the tune of "The Heat is On" by Glenn Frey (seriously? I had to Google that one. I have never ever heard of Glenn Frey in my life. Never would have guessed that one). It was complete with "woo-hoos" and the saxophone noises, sung tremendously well by Mr. Dexter.
I'll have to remember Dexter asking Daddy to sit in his car, and Daddy saying that he would not fit because his butt was too big. And Dexter saying "Daddy's butt want to be SHORTER."
I'll have to remember Dexter earnestly using his shovel and wheelbarrow to do exactly as Daddy was doing, moving dirt from Buddy Mountain to various holes in the lawn. And then raking. And then, instead of pounding, just jumping up and down on the dirt to pack it down.
And I'll have to remember Dexter wandering down the sidewalk to the driveway, after our Sunday evening picnic in the front yard, only to come trotting back saying something about the moon and it's not dark out. So we all went out to the driveway to check out the moon, and the sunset, before giving good-night hugs and heading up for books and bed. Right after one more "Dexter Sandwich" hug from Mama and Daddy. Here comes the bread.
Love you, Dex. Love you lots.
I did, of course, take some pictures. Like this one, of Dex and Daddy putting air in the tire of the wheelbarrow.
And this one, of Dexter romping through the living room on the new floor.
And this one, of Dex riding his bike on the road
And this one
And this one. Dex is kicking some ass on his bike.
C'mon, Daddy! Is your butt too big to fit in my new car? Which, by the way, John is not pleased with. He keeps shaking his head and saying that we can't show anyone the pictures of our son riding in his purple and pink car. And that when his girlfriend ever finds such pictures, he'll be doomed for life. I don't see what the problem is. It's just a purple car... :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment