Thursday, June 23, 2011

Look, Ma! No Hands!

Quick swimming update. I've been working on Dexter's confidence while jumping in to the pool. He's awesome while holding two hands, ok when holding one hand, and I had not yet been able to get him to jump in without holding hands at all. Til today!

We started swimming in the "ki-kee" pool this morning because the big pool wasn't open yet. I convinced him to jump off the little ledge (kind of like a bench in the pool) to the bottom of the (not even 2 feet deep) pool. He thought that was fun. And he did that with no hands. So when we moved over to the big pool to do 1-2-3 JUMP I started right off with no hands. He was a little bit hesitant, but after about three jumps he was allllllll over it.

So now Mr. Fish has a new skill. Soon he shall be jumping on my head, I am sure.

Old picture, our pool. I can't take pictures of him at the Y, as I am in the pool with him. One of these days Daddy will come with us, and maybe I can take pictures then.


PS, Grandpa, here's the horse swing. It looks a little hooptie, but it works and Dex likes it.

No comments: