Saturday, June 11, 2011

BUZZZZZZZ Part 2

Since the two human boys in the house were already sporting buzz cuts, we figured we may as well let Buddy in on the action and get him a summer 'do, too. Plus, the hair shedding on the kitchen floor was reaching epic proportions. Hopefully the new shorter hair will keep the shedding down a bit.
BUZZZZZZZ
Dex took Buddy to the groomer with me. He decided that Buddy should get "red, and orange, and yellow, and brown" during his hair cut. I was confused for a minute, and then it hit me. Ahh, yes! Buddy should have some M&M's during his hair cut! Dex also decided that Buddy would have to use a hair drier during his hair cut. It always amazes me the things that stick in this childs' head. Apparently the hair drier at the barber shop was more traumatic that I thought.

Earlier this week I was cleaning out a few boxes Mom sent me, of awards from high school. Most I had forgotten I even won. I took pictures of all of them so I can prove to Dexter later that, yes, your Mama actually used to be smart. And then I put a few down in the basement (the salutatorian statue, and a couple basketball awards from sectionals and IAC championships), and made a pile on the picnic table with the rest. Dex played with them for the afternoon (they make awesome slides). And then they went in the trash. Sentimental? Yes. Necessary? No.
The Woody Herman Jazz Award (which I have no recollection of receiving - why would I get this? I sucked at jazz. I didn't start playing saxophone till junior year, because Mr. Phelps made me.) made a good edge of the pool. The fire truck was jumping in.
Percy got to drive through the towers.

We've been swimming twice this week at the Y, in the outdoor pool. Once was on a ridiculously hot day, and half the world was at the pool. 75% of that half of the world was sitting in a chair, or chatting with another mom, paying zero attention to their child diving all over the world, throwing crap at other children, and generally being obnoxious. Other peoples children make me crazy... But Dex enjoyed the pool at lot, and talked for the next two days about the outside pool, and how it has two waterfalls and a really long hill. We went back Friday afternoon, and had a really nice time jumping in to the big pool at least 7,214 times. We played in the little pool for a while, too (Dex calls it the ki-kee pool, instead of the kiddie pool), but I think the big pool might be where it's at for the rest of the summer. And we saw Miss Eliza at the pool on Friday, lifeguarding. That kind of blew Dexter's mind - I'm sure he thought that he was going to have to swim with Miss Eliza. He had a bit of a worried look on his face, but once I reassured him that he could swim with Mama he just spent the rest of the time looking for Miss Eliza and commenting on her every move. At least you always know what's happening inside this child's mind. He always tells you.
I don't have any pictures of Dex swimming, so you'll have to survive on pics of Baby swimming in the water table. Here she is, doing 1-2-3 JUMP.
And here she is being drowned by a small child. Or, doing 1-2-3 UNDER.

Today John and Dexter shoveled some dirt, trying to level out the ground where our little swimming pool will go. And then I tossed the boys out the door to go to an air show, while I stayed home and trimmed hedges and vacuumed and made dinner. It was a nice day for everyone, I think. The boys said they had fun, and Dexter won an inflatable airplane, and he told me all about seeing lots of airplanes on the ground and way up in the sky. And he survived with no nap, was mildly hysterical at bed time, and then promptly passed out cold. Tired pup.
Climbing Buddy Mountain while it's brown. New! Fun!
Someone else was "helping" today, too.
Earlier this week John and Dexter explored the laws of physics by pushing the baby stroller up the slide...
And watching how fast it can go down.
PS - Grandma, thanks for the puzzle!

No comments: