My dog is old. I am well aware of that. She's 17 this month, and the fact that she looks as good as she does is really remarkable. But she's had a rough ten days or so - off and on super gimp. She went to the fabulous Dr. Moffa last week, who thinks she might have a torn rotator cuff in her shoulder. Nothing that can be done - even in a younger dog there's not a lot to do for it. So we went home with some drugs, that she doesn't seem to need every day. Some mornings she looks great first thing, then must jump off the couch weird and tweak something, and will come out of the house gimpy (she goes to work with me every day). This morning she trotted out of the house fine, so I didn't give her drugs. But we got to work and she was decidedly not ok - gimpy on her front leg, and weak on her diagonal hind leg, which is a new thing. Troublesome. And I have no dog drugs with me. I ought to carry them in my bag, just in case she needs something.
SO - I'll do a little wait and see approach for now and see if she can walk her way out of this hind end stiffness. Otherwise, we're calling Dr. Moffa and going in again. And putting her butt on some Cosequin joint supplement, too.
Poor old pup. She's making me worried. We have a pact - I feed her dog food and carrots, and she lives forever. I think it's reasonable...
1 comment:
Coco snuff doggie dog! Don't be gimpy!
Post a Comment