Last night was Girlie Movie Night at Christie's house. John always snorts in laughter when he hears this. His typical comment when I get home is "So what movie did you NOT watch this time?" Because it seems, of late, that we're more excited to actually see each other and have a chance to catch up than we are to shut up and watch a movie. I'm not sure what movie we didn't watch last night - Christie didn't have a definite favorite picked out yet to watch. So we'll say we either didn't watch Practical Magic, or we didn't watch Fever Pitch. But, we still had a great time!
Fortunately, we had a doctors appointment this morning at 8:45, so we got to sleep in til 7:30 or so. Fortunate, because I didn't get home til midnight, and John was still awake when I got home - playing video games. We got to see the cool midwife this morning. We'll hope that Karen is on call when I go in to labor! All seems to be fine. I asked Karen about my pulled stomach muscle thing from a few weeks ago. It apparently is a ligament that runs from my pelvis to somewhere up above my uterus, that can very easily be strained when I cough, twist sideways, or - in my case - throw up. It still twinges with pain every now and then, but Karen said that some day it will give up hope of ever being a normal sized ligament again, and will just stop hurting.
Not much else to report on the doctor and baby front. I go in for a gestational diabetes blood test in a few weeks. I have another appointment in four weeks. We start a childbirth preparedness class in a couple weeks. That's SURE to freak us right out! But everything is going well with little Rocky!
Movie Night October Birthday Girls - Jenn, Christin, and Maria
Opened the new door to let the dog out the other morning and this is what greeted me. Way too pretty not to capture on film!
My (way too cute for his own good) husband cleans up his tools last Sunday after a day of cutting trim for the kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment