The only problem with kid-decorated trees is that the ornaments tend to be placed in one centralized location. At the bottom front of the tree. In Erin's case, all ornaments needed to be placed "next to Pooh." And also on the same branch as every other ornament. Which is why we have ended up with a tree that only has red balls on the bottom half, and has three red balls on one branch. Next to Pooh, of course. I adore the fact that they were excited about decorating, so I have not moved any ornaments. Except for one red ball, today, that was hanging on to its branch by one single needle. And when I moved it, Dexter asked me "Why are you moving that ball, Mama?"
Behold, some photos of tree decorating:
 |
| Dex got things rolling with his ornament from Grandma |
 |
| And Erin added hers to the same branch |
 |
| Kids' ornaments from Grandma |
 |
| Erin was more excited about decorating than Dex. But she was also healthy, while Dex was sick and pretty content to sit on the couch and watch the train go around the tree. |
 |
| Yep, this spot next to Pooh looks perfect |
 |
| Where shall I put this one? I know! Next to Pooh! |
 |
| Dex is a little better at spreading the wealth |
 |
| The snowman dudes had to go away for a while, as the children were using them as flashlights |
 |
| Check out Erin, branching out. Ha. See what I did there? |
 |
| Yeah. We REALLY need a pony. |
 |
| Did I tell you about the fire truck? It was at the MOMS holiday party. The kids cared not at all about Santa (Erin only cared about not looking at him), but they were happy to sit in the truck. |
No comments:
Post a Comment