1) Dexter lost his first tooth! It has had a little wiggle to it for a couple months. The dentist first pointed it out a couple months ago at his check-up. Dr. Tom discussed with Dexter his finger sucking, and how he'd need to stop when he got big kid teeth, and that he had a wiggly tooth and he would have big kid teeth soon. Lo and behold, didn't the kid stop sucking his fingers, cold turkey, that same night. All thanks to the power of Dr. Tom. I adore Dr. Tom. Dexter's tooth had been very very wiggly the past 2 weeks - John was cutting his apples up in to smaller pieces so he could take bites more easily. And then John saw his permanent tooth, already broken through and pushed up, pretty far, behind his baby tooth. A quick Google search showed Dex had what is called "Shark Teeth", which would need to be addressed if his baby tooth didn't fall out on its own soon. Fortunately, a little jumping on his bed yesterday morning did the trick - his tooth came out on its own and no trip to the dentist was needed. Now Dex looks like this:
The tooth next door is wiggly as well, and starting to look crooked. So that one might pop out soon, too.
Dex put his tooth in a pink Easter egg that was in his room, and put that under his pillow for the Tooth Fairy. This morning he dashed upstairs after breakfast - he had forgotten about his tooth, and wanted to go check. He came downstairs with a report that the Tooth Fairy had left him three quarters. Which he already deposited in to his piggy bank.
An hour or so later, on our way out the door to get a cookie cake for Daddy at the grocery store (today is John's birthday), Dex came downstairs with his piggy bank. "Mama," he said, "if a cake only costs cents, can I buy Daddy's cake with the money in my piggy bank?" Oh, baby boy. My sweet little man. How you make your mama cry, with the kind things you think of. That is very kind of you, Angel, but you go put your piggy bank away. Mama's got this one covered.
2) Dexter went to elementary school to get registered for Kindergarten, holy crap Mama is hyperventilating already. They took him away to do a little testing - sing your ABC's (he told me "I didn't say the last part." What last part? I said. Where did you stop? At B, he says. Alas, he was only kidding. He just didn't sing the "now I know my ABC's part.); count to 20 (they told me to count to 20, and I counted to 100, he said. Smart, yes. Good listener? Not so much.); cut some stuff with scissors, build a tower with blocks, hop on one foot. Dex said, when we were walking out "It wasn't as cool as I thought it would be." What do you mean? "I thought I was going to go in to a classroom today, and not just a theater." So I guess he is ready to go. He's looking forward to riding the school bus. I, personally, am petrified.
3) It was our wedding anniversary. Nine years ago this incredibly smart, incredibly kind man decided to marry me. We're still not sure why. I often forget to tell him, but I so appreciate having him with me every day. Happy Anniversary, hon. I love you.
I also still very much miss my fuzzy little CoCo
4) Both children got hair cuts. Erin's is barely discernible, although if you look closely you can see her eyeballs now. Dexter's, as you can see in the photo above, is super short. He is not a fan. When he was washing his hands last night he told me "Mama, I am not going to look in the mirror any more." I'm sorry, kiddo. I know. Give it a couple weeks. It'll grow back.
Buddy also got a hair cut last week. He is now three dog sizes smaller. And also, cold.
5) I had Book Club last night. So, ya know - Happy Anniversary, honey. Here, eat these here chocolates you got for me while I go to my friend's house and drink beer and chat about girl stuff.
Big day yesterday. Big big day.
Speaking of BIG DAYS, today is John's 41st birthday. We got him a cookie cake. When we got home Dex asked if we should call Daddy at work while we were eating his cookie cake. He was a bit disappointed when I told him we were gonna have to wait for Daddy to, you know, COME HOME before we ate his cake. Bummer.
Happy Birthday, Daddy!!
1 comment:
Word to the fairy.....lots of teeth left.....better make sure that you have a stash of quarters!
Post a Comment