But first, a quick photo of what we seem to be doing almost every evening before and after dinner. Which is... watching curling. Yes. Curling. The non-stop, action-packed, highly entertaining sport of curling. By the by, did you know there's Curling Nationals next month? Fairly near us? Might have to send the boys.
Enthralled. With the Curling. It is mind-boggling.
Valentines Day was not all sunshine and roses for Erin. We went to a play date in the morning. She only got one nap. She has six (yes, SIX) teeth coming in right now. She was a little less than happy about life in general.
Considering all his anti-Valentines banter, this one was really quite lovey on Friday. He gave lots of hugs. He made some Valentines. He WILLINGLY took pictures for the holiday. I was shocked.
He was my Valentine. And I was his.
Today, as he was gobbling up Daddy's Bomboy's candy, he told me, "Mama, I am not going to ask you if I can eat your candy. Do you know why? Because I think you will say no." And, really, the boy is not wrong. I do not willingly share my Bomboys.
Erin, willing Dex to be HER Valentine.
Heart Breaker, indeed. "What's a Heart Breaker?" Dexter asked on Friday.
VD overdose. The kids needed a little nap. In the front entryway.
It's hard work being a Valentine
No idea why Erin wants to wear Dexter's Crocs. But she insisted.
The one blue Croc really completed the outfit, I thought.
The serious Valentine.
Hope you all had a nice Hallmark holiday. Dexter is still anti-friend-Valentine for school. Which is fine with me. He will have a little VD party at new school tomorrow, with no pressure to exchange Valentines, but will be given the opportunity to make a Valentine for someone he likes. It will be interesting to see what, if anything, he comes home with.
1 comment:
Curling is very intense!
Post a Comment