We had really nice weather one day this week so I raked up our paltry supply of leaves in to a tiny pile for Dex to jump in to. Our maple trees JUST turned this week, and the pear trees haven't really turned yet, and I dunno what happened to the oak tree leaves. Today we had lots more leaves and John raked and blew and sucked up a bunch of them. We played in them a little bit, but it was way warmer a few days ago.
Wednesday for swimming the sun was BRIGHT. Not a damn cloud in the sky. And the sun shines in the window differently now that the time has changed. Yet another reason for me to shake my fist and growl at the time change thing. All that combined meant that Dexter did not swim. Erin swam. She had a lovely time for an hour, swimming in the deep end and walking in the shallow end and playing with the fountains. But Dex? Nah. So we decided maybe it was time for a little intervention. The whole family went to the pool at 9AM today, armed with M&M's. And I don't know if it was all the million other kids, or that there was just a skim of clouds that made the sun spots not quite so bright. Whatever the reason, Dexter was fantastic. No M&M's needed. He swam all over the pool. Underwater. Directly under the sun spots. It was fun, and I was proud of him. I think we're planning on going again in the morning if the sun is shining bright.
We went this afternoon to tag a tree and to play at the farm a bit. It's been a fun day. I am tired.
Here's a video of Erin climbing the stairs. All you have to do is ask "Do you want to go upstairs?" and she drops everything and books it for the steps.
Here's a video of Erin walking behind her lion walker. She finally figured it out yesterday. You still have to stand her up behind it, or she will just crawl and push it in front of her.
And here a few billion pictures
I love this one...
He loves hiding all the way under the leaves, then growling like a dinosaur and leaping out to scare you.
Way too tall this year...
How about this one? Daddy says. Nah, too small, says Dex.
I promise she liked it back there.
Dex tags our tree
King of the straw bales
Perhaps we're doing too much gymnastics...
You can see John's heart attack plain as day, as Dex dances on the top of the bales.
Pretty sunsets this week
No comments:
Post a Comment