Erin checks out this strange new world
Huh. What's this strange sandy stuff that I can throw all over the place?
I didn't see it happen, but apparently Dex went down to the water the first time and freaked out when he stood in the water and a wave made the sand come out from under his feet. Aaaaaaand that was about the end of the water for him.
She was pretty proud of herself.
Erin was mildly entertained. I sat with her at the edge of the water for a while and she was giggling. She liked eating the wet sand. I took her in to swim a few times. Sometimes she was cool. Sometimes she was crying.
This was a "crying"version
Dex was working on some sand castles, and also a little pool for Erin to sit in. So he needed some water for his pool. We made him go get his own. Watching him try to scoop up water with his bucket while not actually STEPPING in the water? Priceless.
Time for lunch
Time for lunch!
Official beach shot for the summer
Sleepy here was SO TIRED, but wanted to watch everything. So she'd be sitting, and then lean over and put her head in her lap to rest for a while. Somehow, I don't think you can sleep that way little girl.
Not sure this loungey way is going to work out for you, either.
Ahhhh. That's better.
So I picked Dex up and walked in to the ocean with him. He freaked out. But once he was in and I distracted him a little bit with chatter about boats and paddle boards and the like, he realized that the ocean is ok. I get it, his fear of waves. They are not my favorite, either. But floating around in the salty water and being lifted by the waves a bit is kind of fun. And he loved it. So we came back in and I traded with Daddy, so Dex could swim with Daddy, too. And then after Erin woke up we all went back in one more time. And then we decided it was high time to head on home. So glad we ended on a high note.
After being grumpy and not seeming like he was having much fun all day, til the very end, Dexter said in the car "I like this place. When we come back tomorrow I will go swimming again."
No comments:
Post a Comment