Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Ten Months

Erin is ten months old today.  Grandpa Norman is also 76 years old today.  I kind of feel like telling you of Erin's recent accomplishments is more fun that telling you about the five books Grandpa has already read while on vacation, so here we go:

For the first time, yesterday, Erin pulled herself up to a standing position.  In her pack-n-play, which has sides at just the right height for pulling on.  I am sharing a room with her this week, so this morning while I was still snuggled up in my warm bed, Erin was working on her standing muscles.  She'd be quiet for a while, and then I'd hear a tremendous THUMP as she sat or fell back down to the mattress again.

She's been pretty social this week - many people held her at the Goodspeed family reunion on Saturday and she didn't freak out.  She has let aunts and Nonnas hold her this week when she can still see me, and it's been mostly ok.  A miracle.

She is solidly crawling, still using one knee and one foot.  She also likes standing on both feet, with her hands still on the ground.  She hasn't figured out how to get mobile from this position yet.

She still has zero teeth.  It did not stop her from eating yummy steak for dinner tonight.

Ten months cute!

Pre-dinner family play time.  IE, the entire floor is a mess.


Post-dinner hang-out under the table


She's fascinated with the cake and candles.

No comments: