Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend at Grandma's

We had an awesome weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's house.  Dex is tall enough now that he just barely touches, on his tip-toes, in the pool.  Grandpa keeps his pool hot, so Dexter can stay in there and swim for lots longer than at the Y pool.  Plus, there's no cool fountains to play with at the Y.  And no cool battery-operated fish swimming around the pool.  Dexter loves Grandpa's sandbox and tries to shove every toy he owns in to it.  And Mr. Cranky Pants was kind of a pain in the ass at the zoo on Sunday with Aunt Jeanne, but he really liked watching the penguins, especially when they fed the penguins.  So I suppose it was worth the trip.

Dex is spending a few days at Camp Grandma while John works and I organize the basement this week.  I slept in, watched SportCenter while eating breakfast, and haven't had to touch a train all day.  Heaven.

Here's a few of my favorite pics from the weekend.

I am so glad he finds things fun.  Sometimes I wonder about him.  He's so damn serious.





Not so much jumping.  More falling.  But still fun.


I think John MIGHT have some sore arms today...


Buddy, bless his heart, is going to be a little out of sorts this week with his brother gone.


I have an eerily similar picture from around this time last summer..


Swimming on his own, under the fountain

Grandpa and Dexter "squirting each other on purpose"





Penguin!



Hopefully at the end of the week we will have an exhausted child who will sleep for days, and a much cleaner basement.

No comments: