The new conservatory
Small child, tree, lights, ornaments, etc.
I do believe I have created a complete photo ham. Video is even worse.
Gingerbread trees. As was the theme at Longwood this year. Very cool, and also impressive to think of the amount of time people spent on all the gingerbread that was made. And how much did they consume while creating? How do pastry chefs not weigh three billion pounds?
Acres of poinsettia on display. As an aside, I asked Dex yesterday what they did for a craft at school. He said they made flowers. Actually they made poinsettia, somehow. But hey, he was close.
We spent a long time looking at the fountains. Mesmerizing, as the fountains came out of LIGHTS. And there was another faucet of water that sprayed out REALLY FAST.
Eight million hours spent here, doing exactly this. If he were allowed under the rope and could lay down with his eyeballs right at track level, he'd have stayed there all day.
Main conservatory exhibit
Gingerbread trees up close and personal
Working it for the camera. John taught him this. And when I stop asking him to "work it" he says "Want to work it some more." Well go right ahead, child. Work it. Who am I to stop you?
For Aunt Jeanne. Cute ornaments made by local kids.
Conservatory
Conservatory is filled with these kind of flowers. Lily? I dunno. They are very fragrant, and I liked this candy cane striped one.
Explained below
Waterfalls. Aside - Dex and I were both wearing black shoes. He said as we were walking - I have black shoes. Mama has black shoes. WE MATCH! Love this child.
Totally the look of a child doing something he's not supposed to be doing...
Watching trains. Again. Some more. Dear lord kill me now.
JAMES!
So there you go. We saved you a trip, eighteen dollars, and much claustrophobia from the crowds when you went in the evening because you wanted to see the lights. Lights, schmights. We saw all the cool stuff. We even saw the fountain show. Sans lights. Because, you know, it was noon and we were on our way out to the car. I love Longwood in the morning.
1 comment:
Awesome pics, as usual! Looks like D had an absolute blast. G will immediately demand we go when he sees D with the trains. Thanks for sharing these!
Love,
-A.
Post a Comment